So they say when you’re smiling, the whole world smiles with you.
I have so many reasons to be cheerful this week and they appear in no particular order.
1. My husband and children collected me from BritMums Live. They were a bit late and I chatted to a Brewery member of staff who was having a cigarette break. Not like the old Kate at all. Interesting.
2. We called at a lovely country pub and the magic of the weekend continued. My 8 year old son get into conversation with one of the other customers who was clearly fascinated by him. “You have a very intelligent son” he told me. I thanked him in New Kate Style. Another customer chatted to us about Yorkshire. Then an elderly man whose birthday it was gave his birthday balloons to the children. It reminded us of an evening long ago when my toddler son held court with an archaeologist and held his own even though the guy was off the scale intelligence wise. Special evenings with that little bit of fairy dust about them.
3. I told a man he smelled nice. A stranger at that. New Kate style. Apparently it was Beckham. No not the bloke, the aftershave.
4. On Sunday we had a wonderful family day out at Portchester Castle. The childrne loved playing tour guide with their audio tapes giving them all the vital information. My husband and son climbed right to the top of the castle apparently with my 8 year old racing ahead whilst his poor Dad huffed and puffed. We treated to the children to a ride on horse and bow and arrow. They have had a year of having very little so I am trying to make it up to them now.
5. On Monday, my husband took the day off. We are of the view that the Monday after BritMums Live should be a Bank Holiday for all involved and their families. We had breakfast in a lovely town near us. I had Eggs Benedict for the very first time. Another virginity lost way too late. We had a wander round the shops and I finally changed my address with the bank. Then we went and packed a picnic up, collected the children and had a feast in the park. Happy days.
6. The children have enjoyed after-school club all week as I caught up with various things.
7. I have not cooked all week thanks to my husband. I am getting as bad as my late Mum who used to take Wimbledon fortnight off every year downing tools and doing nothing in terms of shopping, cooking or cleaning.
8. My teenager thanked me for some T-shirts I had bought him. More vitally he said he liked them which is great to hear as for a few years he has had zero interest in clothing.
9. My daughter continues to enjoy doing arts and crafts helped by a lovely package from Baker Ross
10. I am planning a little trip to France with my brother. My challenge is to find my passport!
11. I had magical moments at BritMums Live. Even my worst bits were amusing in their own way. I learned a lot and will be posting about that soon along with my lovely moments from the Saturday.
When you’re smiling, the whole world smiles with you so get smiling!