What a funny old week! Lots has gone right and surprisingly well. On the other hand, some things have gone awry and one big one in particular leaving me a bit glum and frustrated. This makes it a great time to reflect on the good things in my week.
1. The cheque was finally in the post even if in the wrong name!
2. I picked up some freelance work that I was not expecting making December more likely to be fun-filled.
3. My son did come home last night safe and sound after going AWOL until after 9pm! At 15 he is clearly developing a life away from the family and I need to respect that whilst still ensuring I keep him safe. That sounds like quite a juggling act to me!
4. When the man with a huge skyscraper of parcels in his arms walked right into me, it did hurt but I was not seriously injured.
5. My youngest son no longer needs glasses now he is not in school according to the optician as he does not need to read at long distances. This is great as he hates glasses. He is also sporting a funky new haircut to his own specification.
6. My daughter seems happy enough although often in her own little creative world or chatting on and on so it is Death by Pokémon!
7. I have enjoyed some lovely walks with my husband and pets.
8. Myself and Him Indoors managed a lovely lunch at a country pub.
9. I sorted out a mountain of paperwork.
10. I am still not stressed about Christmas but have started decorating the house.
11. My birthday is just 10 days away and I have a very good feeling about it this year.
12. Things that would have hurt me deeply in the past don’t do so now and sometimes I am getting lovely surprises from people that I have not always treated well.
13. Him Indoors seems to have got into the habit of bringing me roses on a weekly basis and I am not complaining.
14. Yesterday we had a shopping session of the charity shop variety acquiring a Giant Beagle soft toy which caused much festive hilarity and nearly got me thrown out of Subway. We are always at our best when we are laughing and being silly.
15. I started my weight loss programme about 1 year ago and didn’t I do well?
Now you have to admit that is pretty good for someone who was feeling glum at the start of this post.
We all know that waking up refreshed, energised and ready to face the day is essential to our health and wellbeing but getting a good night’s sleep is sometimes more complicated than it seems. You may have perfected your ideal sleeping position and invested in luxurious Egyptian-cotton sheets, but a snoring partner, duvet hogger or even needing to get up and dash to the loo can quickly burst your dream bubble.
In fact, recent research from TENA Lady has found that one in six women regularly have their sleep disrupted by night-time visits to the loo, making it difficult to get those much needed ZZZs.
Nothing should hold you back from getting a great night’s sleep – especially not bladder weakness.
That is why TENA Lady has created the Sweet Dreams kit, to make sure you sleep ea-zzz-y and wake up looking and feeling your best every morning.
This handy kit contains the essential items to ensure you’re well rested and ready for the day ahead. Because, let’s face it, who couldn’t do with a little extra beauty sleep?
Drinking stimulants such as coffee and alcohol before bed can stop you from drifting off and leave your mind racing faster than the Grand National winner.
Instead, sip your way to sweet dreams by unwinding with a ‘sleep’ tea. Infused with herbs including camomile, lavender and vanilla, it will naturally calm your senses and prepare your mind and body for a night of uninterrupted rest.
I drink far too much coffee and indulge in the occasional tipple too. I am going to drink a relaxing tea before bedtime and see how things change for my sleep patterns.
Battling the night sweats and throwing off your duvet in frustration can make it hard to get to sleep. A warm, lavender-scented bath before bedtime will help to bring your body temperature down and prepare you for a blissful slumber.
Lavender can calm anxiety and ease insomnia, so why not transport yourself into a state of deep relaxation by soaking your body in loving lavender and essential oils to switch on your sleep mode.
I do love a bath bomb although there may be added night time stress as I battle my daughter for it.
Who doesn’t love the feeling of coming home and changing into their snuggest sleepwear?
Reclining in your bedroom in a luxurious yet cosy waffle robe will give the sensation of complete comfort and help your body to de-stress as you prepare to wind down for the night ahead.
The robe provided with my name on it by Tena Lady is a delight. It really does make me feel special and I always had an image of me wearing a white dressing gown that never quite came to fruition until now.
Tired of tossing and turning when you can’t shut down your brain at night? This is a big one for me as I juggle work, home education, pets and housework whilst trying to keep up with friends and family too.
Ensure you effortlessly drift off to the land of nod the moment your head hits the pillow by gently spritzing your sheets with a soothing lavender fragrance – restorative slumber guaranteed.
I love the luxury of a sleep spray something I would not normally have except when I stay in fancy hotels.
Positive mantra bag
Stress can stop you from switching off and leave your mind racing until the early hours.
For a calmer, happier mind, a positive mantra and preparation for next day will help you forget your worries. Pack all you need the night before so you can hit snooze on your alarm a few extra times in the morning – bliss!
I am not great at preparing for my next day but am finding systems do really help reduce stress levels. The bag from Tena Lady is beautiful and says “Hello Gorgeous”. It is daft but this really does make me feel better about myself and my day. Plus it came at the exact time that the plastic bag charges came in so now I can shop in style.
TENA Lady Maxi Night Duo Pack
Frequent trips to the bathroom and worries about leaks at night can stop women getting a good night’s sleep, meaning you may find your energy and confidence levels are lower than usual.
Bladder weakness is more common than you might think – half of women experience it at some point in their lives, with one in six saying it regularly disturbs their sleep.
For extra peace of mind, TENA Lady Maxi Night with Lie Down Protection gives you Triple Protection from leaks, odour and moisture. With additional length and width at the back for extra coverage and security, TENA Lady Maxi Night is specifically designed to give you confidence that lasts all night long.
For added convenience, TENA Lady, manufactured by SCA, has now introduced the new TENA Lady Maxi Night Duo Pack. Boasting twice as many pads as standard packs, the new Duo Pack format means you can catch an extra 40 winks rather than rushing to the shops to restock.
Why not take a look at them for yourself? Free samples can be ordered online at www.tena.co.uk/women