What a funny old week! Lots has gone right and surprisingly well. On the other hand, some things have gone awry and one big one in particular leaving me a bit glum and frustrated. This makes it a great time to reflect on the good things in my week.
1. The cheque was finally in the post even if in the wrong name!
2. I picked up some freelance work that I was not expecting making December more likely to be fun-filled.
3. My son did come home last night safe and sound after going AWOL until after 9pm! At 15 he is clearly developing a life away from the family and I need to respect that whilst still ensuring I keep him safe. That sounds like quite a juggling act to me!
4. When the man with a huge skyscraper of parcels in his arms walked right into me, it did hurt but I was not seriously injured.
5. My youngest son no longer needs glasses now he is not in school according to the optician as he does not need to read at long distances. This is great as he hates glasses. He is also sporting a funky new haircut to his own specification.
6. My daughter seems happy enough although often in her own little creative world or chatting on and on so it is Death by Pokémon!
7. I have enjoyed some lovely walks with my husband and pets.
8. Myself and Him Indoors managed a lovely lunch at a country pub.
9. I sorted out a mountain of paperwork.
10. I am still not stressed about Christmas but have started decorating the house.
11. My birthday is just 10 days away and I have a very good feeling about it this year.
12. Things that would have hurt me deeply in the past don’t do so now and sometimes I am getting lovely surprises from people that I have not always treated well.
13. Him Indoors seems to have got into the habit of bringing me roses on a weekly basis and I am not complaining.
14. Yesterday we had a shopping session of the charity shop variety acquiring a Giant Beagle soft toy which caused much festive hilarity and nearly got me thrown out of Subway. We are always at our best when we are laughing and being silly.
15. I started my weight loss programme about 1 year ago and didn’t I do well?
Now you have to admit that is pretty good for someone who was feeling glum at the start of this post.
A funny old week!