I am sharing my 9 year old’s thoughts on Back to the Future Day. We are watching Back to the Future Two having enjoyed the first film earlier today.
1. “Actually Mum, Eighties music is not that bad!” as he danced and clicked his fingers.
2. “Were they any laws back in the Eighties?”
3. “That plutonium looks just like the chemicals we mixed the other day”
4. “It does seem that people who are plonkers as kids turn into plonkers as adults”
5. “Fifties music is not as good as that in the Eighties – too much sax!”
6. “The music is suspenseful but the film is so old that we know what happens”
7. “Both Doc and Marty are way smarter than my brother”
8. “You do realise that this film is about the butterfly effect”
So there you have it! Back to the Future Day as I try to remember if I ever expected my son to be quite so amazing when I thought about the future in 1985.