I am cheerful which is the best possible thing to talk about as I join in the Reasons to be Cheerful linky where we focus on positives.
1 Two weeks into my medication and the change is immense. I feel capable and proactive. I feel attractive and fun. I am OK
2. I had a lovely Valentines weekend with some very simple pleasures such as sharing a platter of pub grub treats with Him Indoors.
3. I had a little trip around my specialist boutiques (charity shops) this morning and bought some new trousers one in a lovely deep red shade and one retro Marks and Spencer pair with the tags still on. They don’t look old-fashioned at all so it shows if you wait long enough everything comes back into fashion. I also picked up some Dorling Kindersley books on Lego for less than 50 pence each!
4. We have had a good lazy Half-Term working to our own timetables and why not? My husband took some time off and that is always a treat as he does work so hard.
5. I set the children a home education challenge to research Albania and they came up with some really fascinating facts.
6. Some newspaper headlines made me jig a little with delight this morning. I had only calmed down from that joy a little when I spotted the awesome fish and chip shop that has been closed for 6 months was opening tonight! Can you guess what I had for tea?
7. Had a lovely quiet afternoon whilst my husband took the children out for a treat.
8. Interesting opportunities keep showing up in my inbox making me believe the future will get brighter and brighter.
9. I am working out what suits me and doing more of that. Now that has to be sanity right there, yes?
Opinions vary. However, over the years I have tried all manner of duvets. I like a 15 tog and at any time of year too. I think whoever originally designed the duvet deserves a medal! Every day is a duvet day in my house.
Today it is freezing cold so time for a duvet on the sofa. Duvets are not just for bedrooms!
Over the years I have sometimes made the mistake of buying cheap and cheerful duvets and always lived to regret it. Savings can be made in other areas – a good duvet is essential for my happiness!
Sleepy People have a range of High-tog Duvets (15 tog) ideal for the winter weather. Let’s face it winter seems to be going on and on this year. We have blue skies but it is so very cold.
15 tog is the highest tog-value of duvets and is guaranteed to keep your body toasty!
So I am a 15 tog girl but my husband prefers a lower tog rating so we compromised and tried the luxurious 13.5 tog Egyptian cotton double duvet made from finest quality soft plain weave cotton fabric that gives extra comfort and softness.
•This duvet is filled with a smooth silk like hollow fibre filling to give it a soft and silky feel.
•100% soft silk like hollow fibre filling
•100% luxury Egyptian cotton cover
•Superior stitching pattern to hold filling in place
•Machine washable at 40°C
•Suitable for tumble drying
We both love the duvet and it fits our kingsize bed properly so that we are not fighting for it in the night both feeling covered adequately, again something you don’t get with poor quality duvets.
I was so thrilled with the duvet that I made a great reason to go and buy a new bedding set to go with it.
Weight loss bloggers are giving me hope at the moment.
I am struggling at the moment on the weight loss journey. I am on new medication so that may be why. I am not sure but Chinese New Year, Valentines Day and Pancake Day all coming at once did not help at all.
I am a good Catholic girl so perhaps I should return to marking Lent by giving up the bad stuff or more positively, taking up the good stuff.
I would urge you to read some amazing posts from weight loss bloggers. They ask the right questions and sometimes have the right answers too.
Why do we eat things we don’t particularly enjoy? It might doughnuts, chocolate digestives or something else.
Can taking exercise and healthy eating help with mood and sleep as well as weight loss?
How does it feel when we start to make progress after a depressive period?
Blog about healthy living in a way that you see fit. It might be some exercise you did, a healthy food choice, a lifestyle change or a recipe. It is important to link back to this post so that we can all inspire one another as we move forwards positively.
Very simply, please comment on at least two other posts and more if you’d like to and grab the badge for your own post, linking one post per week. Tweet me (@kateonthinice) once you’ve linked and please use the #BloggingToJogging tag so that I can find your posts easily to RT them and you can also use the Twitter hashtag on Instagram if you have any relevant photos. Please also link back to this post!
I am so looking forward to reading your talks of health, fitness and well-being. I promise to comment on each post and to promote via my social media networks.
Please display the #bloggingtojogging badge on your post and it would also be cool if we can start engaging on Twitter and Facebook about our healthy living using #bloggingtojogging.
New blog hops will be hosted by this blog as I fancy jazzing things up a bit, finding new blogs to read and remembering to visit my favourite old-time bloggers.
I have a lot of ideas and have decided to go with this weekly selection of blog hops.
1. Blogging to Jogging – a weekly blog hop about healthy living including weight loss journeys, exercise and fitness posts and healthy eating recipes. Will open for business every MONDAY.
2. Births/Deaths/Marriages/Birthdays and Anniversaries – the life events that really matter most of all. Will open for business on TUESDAY on a revolving basis so one week it will be births, the next deaths (tributes to our lost loved ones) and so on.
3. It’s all about me! I want folks to link up posts that are about themselves as individuals away from parenting duties – hobbies, work, fashion and beauty or anything that shows what an amazingly ordinary/extraordinary person you are. Open for business on WEDNESDAY
4. Thematic Thursday – I will set a theme and ask folks who have blogged or want to blog on that theme to link up. Open for business on THURSDAY.
5. Mummy Me Time – a blog hop to encourage mums to carve out time for themselves and to tell us what they did with that time. Opens for business on FRIDAY
6. All Change – a blog hop where mums can say how things could be made better for mums and families. In the hope that policy-makes at all levels will sit up and take notice. Opens for business on SATURDAY
7. Showcase Sunday – a free for all where you can link up ONE post old or new that matters to you.
Hope to see some of you joining in and know it will help my blog organisation so win-win.
What smells nice? Scents and fragrances and don’t you love this quote?
1. I have a 5 bird roast cooking for dinner and it is making my nose buzz in anticipation.
2. I am taking time to smell the rose of life fuelled by Prozac. It is my first week back on my medication and I have only had one not so great day. That’s a pretty good average and we learn from the troublesome days too.
3. I am smelling out who my real friends are and who is able to support me and who doesn’t want or is ill-equipped to do so.
4. I smell wonderful because I have Katy Perry’s “Killer Queen” perfume, new bubble bath and new deodorant.
5. I am getting very good at smelling out bargains when food shopping. I get a thrill out of this and of course it helps the family budget.
6. My husband and son used their noses to find a gaming café which they both enjoyed two days in a row.
7. Our pancakes smelt and tasted amazing and the feast is continuing for days!
8. I am sniffing out new linkies, new opportunities and new horizons.
9. Slowly but surely, I am waking up and smelling the coffee and I always loved coffee!