Steak casserole recipe
By using Princes Stewed Steak, you can have a hearty casserole ready in a quarter of the usual time…perfect after a hard day’s work.
1 tbsp oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
450g potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
400g can chopped tomatoes
150ml beef stock
100g button mushrooms
2 x 410g cans Princes Stewed Steak
How to make it
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the carrot and potato and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, stock and mushrooms, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the Princes Stewed Steak and stir gently. Heat through for 4-5 minutes until piping hot and serve.
Corned beef hash recipe
1 x 340g can Princes corned beef, diced
120g unsalted butter
1 large onion, chopped
900g potatoes, boiled and diced
Oil for frying
1 egg per person (optional)
How to make it
1. Melt 40g of unsalted butter in frying pan and fry one large onion, chopped.
2. Cut 340g of Princes corned beef into 1cm cubes and add to pan.
3. Empty mixture into a bowl. Add 900g of cooked, diced potato, another 40g unsalted butter and black pepper.
4. Fry in a little oil and 40g of unsalted butter.
5. For a traditional twist, poach one fresh egg per person for 2 minutes and place on corned beef hash. Serve immediately with green beans.
Roscon de Reyes – Three Kings Cake recipe
(Makes a 15” cake)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 litre milk
zest of 1 lemon
dried mixed peel for decorating
glace cherries for decorating
250ml whipping cream for filling
Model king / small toy / butterbean for decoration (optional)
1. Mix the baking powder 4 tbsp of the milk add this to 100g of the flour. Mix together until it forms a dough type mixture – cover with a clean tea towel and set aside until it doubles in size.
2. Place the rest of the flour (300g) in a bowl and add the eggs, sugar, pinch of salt, the rest of the milk and zest of the lemon. Mix well then add the butter and continue mixing for a further 2 mins then add the dough mixture – once a smooth dough has been achieved cover and set aside for 2 hours.
3. After 2hrs knead the mixture then put it in a ring shape on a greased baking tray. Decorate with the dried mixed peel and glace cherries. Brush with milk and bake in an oven at 160 degrees for 15-20 mins.
4. When cool, whip the cream and slice the bun in half. Fill it with whipped cream (you can hide the toy, model king or butter bean in the cream). Slice and serve.
Getting your car serviced so that you always have a smooth and safe ride if vital and all too easy to overlook in the business of life. So today I am sharing some good reasons to get your car serviced.
Learning from experience
My Dad always emphasized the importance of car servicing and I noticed that he usually passed his MOT easily and never ran up huge car repair bills unlike boyfriends who neglected to get their cars serviced.
Cars are complicated
A car is a complicated machine with many different compoments such as the brakes, battery and exhaust. We look after our bodies so they perform better and cars also need us to look after them well for greater performance.
Modern cars are often fitted with a computer chip (the ECU ) which manages various aspects of the vehicle. It also collects information on events that occur as the car is driven. Garages have diagnostic equipment which can read the logs of issues that the ECU has recorded and this may prompt actions which may prevent failure at a later date.
So what do you do when the dreaded “Service Required” message appears? You can check your mileage against the manufacturer’s recommended service intervals
Where to get your car serviced
Local garages often offer a better level of customer service and you can build up a great relationship with them so they know you as an individual and get to know your car too.
For example you could visit Ossett Tyre House to avail of their car exhaust repair service in West Yorkshire.
Do I need to take my car to the dealer?
If your car is under warranty it is usually conditional on following the manufacturer’s service schedule but that doesn’t mean you must go to the main dealer. There are many specialists in various makes who will follow the specifications set by the manufacturer and stamp your service book. A local garage may also do the same if they have the diagnostic equipment. It is well worth building a relationship with your local garage so they know you, your car and you know what to expect from them
Do you struggle to find stylish clothing for boys?
It always seems that fashionable girls’ clothing is so much easier to find. I am lucky that my oldest was not fussed about what he wore for many years and at the grand old age of 16 has just started to show an interest.
My boys are chalk and cheese in so many ways and my 11 year old is very image conscious.
It is so lovely when you just know what brand will excite him. He absolutely loves anything from Saltrock. In fact it is really tough to get him to wear anything else!
He particularly loves his fur-lined hoodie particularly when we go walking. He says it is warm and gives good coverage of his body.
I decided to check out if there was anything for me on the Saltrock website. I don’t know about you but I do love something that covers my bum generally but particularly on chillier days. Grey really suits me so I now use my new top to pop out to the shops and when our working up those steps in a bid to increase fitness levels.
So now we are both all set to check out wonderful walks just down the road in the South West.