What are my reasons for cheerfulness this week?
1. Although my 6th wedding anniversary did not go to plan in various ways, my husband did get me a lovely necklace and make me one of his famous steak dinners.
2. All the children are now kitted out fully for their new schools. Why is there so much to think about?
3. My teenage son is being particularly lovely at the moment. He brings me little treats on the way home from school like pain au chocolat. He goes on walks with me and says he wants us to do things together. I sense somewhere in the mix I must have done something right to have such a kind-hearted son.
4. All the children have new friends and are missing their old school that bit less every day.
5. We are getting the house sorted well now with new (to us!) furniture. I am particularly pleased with the arrival of a blue bed for my youngest son and a pink one for my daughter. We have less space here so the beds are high sleepers which also include sofa/chair beds, desks and drawers.
6. On the subject on smaller living space, this means there is far less housework to do and you can make the place look ship-shape much quicker. Happy days!
7. We have a Bank Holiday weekend and a school holiday coming up. I feel our family need this now we have got so many things sorted out so that we can relax and chill a bit. I am hoping to get to a car boot sale on Monday.
8. We had a lovely meal out as a family at the local pub restaurant. The service was disappointing but it was a good night in other ways.
9. The children has a good time at Film Club and just as I was thinking I did not want to climb the hill home, I spied my husband driving towards us to give us a lift home. We went for a sneaky little white wine on the way back.
10. Obviously shamed my his son, my husband brought me a posh sarnie for lunch the other day. He went to get it before setting off for work. Romance is alive and well.
11. We have found our kitten. It went missing a week ago. I am quite smitten with him so was upset. A card in a local shop resulted in a lady telephoning me today and Indiana (don’t ask!) is back where he belongs.
12. I am happy and humbled to be mentioned on the finalist list in the Inspire category for the Brilliance in Blogging Awards 2014. I am in the most amazing company who have overcome such tough challenges and done so much for other people.