Are you getting into baking to keep yourself and the children occupied during lockdown? Here is an easy chocolate cookies recipe that is fun to do and super tasty.
Makes 10 cookies
- 300g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 120g salted butter (melted)
- 225g light brown soft sugar
- 1 egg
- 20 squares of milk chocolate (you will need to buy a large bar)
- Mixing bowl
- Microwaveable bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Baking tray lined with baking paper
- Measuring spoons
- Preheat your oven to 160°C.
- In the mixing bowl, combine the flour and bicarbonate. Set to one side.
- In the other bowl, melt the butter in the microwave and mix in the sugar before adding the egg. Add this wet mix to the dry flour mix and bring together with the wooden spoon to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 60g balls and place on the lined baking tray, leaving room to spread between each one. Push each ball down slightly then place in the oven for 6 minutes.
- After the 6 minutes, take the cookies out of the oven, press 2 squares of chocolate into each one, rotate the tray then bake for a further 6 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly on the tray before serving.
Tip: You can keep the 60g dough balls in the freezer and when ready, bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown – so you always have cookies on hand!
Recipe from the Easy Peasy Baking campaign, launched by nabim. You can find more Easy Peasy Baking recipes and information on the campaign over on the Fab Flour website: https://fabflour.co.uk/easy-peasy-bakes/ or on social: @fab_flour on Instagram or @fabflour on Facebook and Twitter.
Do you have an easy chocolate cookies recipe to share with my readers?