For those who do not yet know, the Getting Your Groove Back Blog Hop is for mums who want to rediscover the woman they used to be or to reinvent themselves altogether. The aim of the blog hop is to share stories and to celebrate changes in our lives however small.
Last week, we had 14 contributions and that was so heartening to see. I also loved reading all the diverse posts from very different women with very varied methods for getting their groove back. I hope you did too. We had nudity and burlesque along with healthy eating and exercise plans, people looking into courses, people admitting they are struggling a bit and more.
I was really touched to see women also sharing their music stories and their treats for their bodies. Annie Lennox came out as number one but it was great to discover other musical choices too.
Now two things need to be said loud and clear.
1. No mum should feel excluded from this blog hop. It is for you to decide whether you want to join in and how you will do that. What is getting your groove back for one woman will be very different for another and that is absolutely fine.
2. Some women are making huge moves to change and some are making smaller ones. They are all of value and every journey begins with just one tiny step. The important thing is to keep moving forward. This blog hop is here to support you (and me!) with that. Some of you have or have had post-natal depression and some of you have physical issues so please do be gentle with yourselves.
So just write a post about how you are changing or trying to get your groove back however you define that. It might be healthy eating, doing a course, volunteering, writing a CV, applying for a job, taking exercise, saying yes, saying no or a whole host of other things.
As my questions or tasks seemed to go down well last week, you might also want to try these ideas but there is no obligation to do so. Do what works best for you.
1. Breakfast Time – Do you rush breakfast? Do you eat things because the family do even though you might prefer something else? Do you skip breakfast altogether? This week, I want you to do something different for one breakfast this week. Add some fruit to your cereal, have a croissant, indulge in smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, have some warming porridge, whatever does it for you. What is your all-time favourite breakfast? Tell us about it this week and then make sure you have it during the next 7 days.
2. Spin Doctor – Women are great at putting themselves down. This week, I want you to pretend you are your own spin doctor or public relations expert. Include in your blog post a word, a sentence, a paragraph or a whole post about what is just fabulous about you.
As for myself, I am continuing to get my groove back although have had setbacks this week too but I guess that is all part of life.
1. I have lost some more weight, not much but heading in the right direction. I say more about my healthy eating regime here http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/losing-weight-mumentum/
2. I have missed the start of the yearly course for Home-start. At first they said I could join in late bu then changed their minds. I have argued my case quoting 20 years working with vulnerable people and personal experience of being a mum to 3 very young children whilst batting post-natal depression. They will not change their minds so I will reapply next year.
3. I visited the charity shop and was told I could volunteer on Friday mornings so I hope to start there next week.
4. I am going to join the school fundraising group at their next meeting.
5. I went out every day but one last week and it felt energising to be out and about.
Things to Remember:
1. You can post anytime between now and next Monday and do remember to link up.
2. Please visit other entries and leave a supportive comment for these women who are sharing their stories. You might pick up some new ideas too.
3. Please share the stories by pressing share buttons to Twitter, Facebook and other social networks as this will encourage new readers and also offer support to others.
4. Please remember I am on this journey too and welcome comments on my journey.
5. You are very welcome to join us. Yes YOU! Your post can be as short or as long as you see fit. It can be in words or pictures, entirely up to you.
I look forward to seeing what you are all up to and let’s get the message out loud and clear about #groovingmums on social networks.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…