What are my happy thoughts this week?
1. We had a fantastic weekend. We got the back garden sorted with lawn mowed and new hanging space for laundry sorted. We were pleased to pick up new glasses for all the children ready for the Back to School. We bought rugs and runners for the house. We also squeezed in charity shopping and a long walk in the countryside.
2. My teen son continues to bring me little treats. He also comes on the days that he finishes school early to the junior school to join me and the other two children on return school run. He really is a very lovely boy once he has woken up properly which seems to take longer every day.
3. My daughter has come to her senses and got rid of her first boyfriend. I was horrified when I was told she was “going out” with somebody. I will probably be shot down in flames but is my firm belief that girls lose focus on their own hopes and dreams when they get caught up in all the boys stuff.
4. My youngest son continues to take everything in his stride. He is one of those children who is good at everything and the one I worry about least.
5. My husband is clearly enjoying the children. He reads to them most nights. I catch him swinging arms with them and just generally showing extra affection. I think the separation period really woke him up to the pleasures of family life.
6. I am enjoying blogging more and loving starting the day by posting my Dad’s memoirs. I am learning so much about him as a young man as well as such detail on the war.
7. I have asked my husband to take some time off work so we can have some couple time and he happily agreed.
8. I am back to healthy eating most of the time and linking up with Wobbles Wednesday again to help with my motivation.
9. I am refusing to give up on my ideas about volunteering so am applying for a new opportunity every day until somebody has the courtesy to reply.
10. I had a lovely day yesterday when 3 people asked for my company at BritMums Live. I hate inflicting myself on people so it was great to know some folks would actually like to spend time with me.
11. Hold the front page! I actually got into conversation with a mum at the school gates yesterday.
I think I have worked out that a good weekend really does help set me up for a more positive week.