I am sharing my highlights of the week because it is always important to focus on the positives. Despite coming down with a very yucky bug that laid me low for a few days, my week is on the whole a good one.
1. We took delivery of two goats Dotty and Mabel who are keeping our back field down a bit. They are so sweet and friendly. They tempt the children outdoors and away from screens too so that’s a big plus.
2. My daughter is suddenly comfortable with taking a shower. This was a big success that many parents may take for granted. Willow has issues around water since being a baby and has always showed sheer terror at the idea of a shower. We had a problem with the heating in the bath room so I persuaded her to give a shower a try. I came up with the idea that she could wear a swimsuit if she wanted and for some reason that seemed to reassure her. After initial brief trembles, she ended up giggling and drenching me in the process. She now says she almost prefers showers to baths as they don’t take as long. I am so over the moon about this little progress in our lives.
3. My husband has had some overtime and financial boosts are always welcome here. It means we are working to a new timetable as a family but we are building in quality time including lunch dates in the village for coffee so I am not complaining one little bit.
4. My eldest son is really thinking seriously about his next steps in life. He has not made any decisions and there is no rush to do so. It is good to see him wanting to explore options though. In other news, I have realised he is 18 in November so have started discussing what he might like to do for that important milestone.
5. I have found my late mum’s recipe file again and am going to enjoy trying out some retro recipes with Ramsey who is 12 and loves cookery.
Life just seems a lot more balanced currently and I am enjoying that.