Time is running out to join in the BritMums Live linky not to mention grabbing your ticket for the social media and blogging event of the year.
Here is my little introduction.
• Kate Holmes
• Striking Mum formerly Kate on Thin Ice formerly Giggling at it all and formerly a blog we don’t talk about
• 5 feet and five inches
• Brown hair with a little help from my hairdresser. Short and hopefully sassy too.
• Brown eyes behind purple glasses
•I have attended BritMums LIve as a speaker in 2013 and as a room facilitator for the last two years.
• I am attending both days
• Connecting with online friends old and new
• I have not decided what I am wearing yet. I am thinking dresses but was going to have a huge trying on session and then I twisted my ankle so am waiting to feel better before making my final selections.
•What do you hope to gain from BritMums Live 2015?
Lots of learning. I hope to make more contacts this year. I also am very much looking forward to spending time at the Montcalm
These are some of my tips for getting the most out of the event.
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
Feel the fear if you any and talk to someone you don’t know. They probably feel more like you than you know.
Make sure you eat in between talking and drinking. There is lots of lovely food available.
Pick the sessions that will be of most use to you and your blog carefully.
Ask stupid questions – there are no stupid questions and speakers love to answer and someone else in the room will be wondering the same thing as you are.
Celebrities are human too – don’t shy away from them but also respect that they are people and not just autograph or selfie material.
Do it your way – if that means taking a break or grabbing yourself some quiet time, so be it.
Be prepared for generous goody bags.
Be yourself – that way if someone likes you, you know they really do and you can move on to a great friendship.