If I were ever to write a lonely heart advertisement, what would I put?
Well obviously I am an ageing woman and mum who juggles a lot. Yes there are roots in the hair and yes I could do to lose some more weight. I can be quite shy.
On the positive side of things, I am bright, caring and I think quite humorous with a quick wit and a feisty attitude. Over the years I have learned to like myself a lot. I have a booty that rocks and lovely brown eyes and the wavy hair. I can earn my own money and am passionate about the things I undertake. My children are amazing with great values and they know I love them.
So what would my perfect partner look like if I was in the market? You will understand this is just a little adventure in creative writing.
1. I would like someone who thinks I am fabulous. That is the point of being with someone right?
2. I would like someone who in the old-fashioned way can stick to me and not spend an awful lot of time looking at 2 dimensional images of women. I can’t be 2 dimensional so I will never quite live up to that particular fantasy.
3. I would like someone who loves to converse for hours about all manner of things.
4. I would like someone who touches me when I need reassurance or just to know that I am cared for.
5. I would like someone who shares their interests with me.
6. I would like someone who knows I sometimes need me time and even organizes treats for me from time to time.
7. I would like someone who takes their fair share of household chores.
8. I would like someone who makes me laugh a lot.
9. I would like someone who occasionally does things that I like to do that they don’t particularly because they might learn something or it might be worth giving something a go.
10. And just sometimes and not a lot, I would like flowers or to be treated like a girlfriend.
I thought writing this list would be a complex affair but actually if I was starting over, it is quite a simple list. Too much to ask apparently but simple all the same.