I am not feeling particularly upbeat today but I know from experience that that is the very best time to focus on my weekly positives. There is nothing particularly wrong. I am having to watch the pennies really closely which is never fun. My daughter is not well. Unusually, I have also found a number of bloggers less than pleasant this week. It is rotten when you are doing your best to please people and you just get grief. Right, let’s focus on the good stuff.
1. Although my daughter has had a couple of health issues this week, she is improving aided by various medication and lots of rest. She is currently snuggled up on the sofa with a duvet watching a soap opera. Nothing wrong with that!
2. My oldest son is getting very proactive about his future. He made a list of what he thinks he needs to do. Some of this involves getting involved in blogging and social media which was a surprise but something I can help him with. His diet has also improved again with him taking charge and doing a better job of making sure he eats healthy food.
4. My youngest son just gets on with things in his usual way with good humour. He is my ally when it comes to meal planning.
5. Reading is going well so I did a review of a book of feminist fairy tales and am currently reading a book about adoption and trauma.
6. I sorted my bedroom out which was long overdue. It is looking good and I found some more books to read in a laundry basket of all places. I have also sorted out the room we use as a wardrobe.
7.Strange happenings apply this week. I came downstairs the other day to find my husband steam cleaning the floor. My youngest son said he thinks he might use some of his time cleaning and my oldest son said he would clean the oven if I showed him how to do it. There was even one morning where the two lights that it is impossible for anyone to switch off me were actually switched off by the time I got up.
8. I am still sleeping well and getting in my regular walks on the private road near us and when it is not too boggy on our favourite forest path.
9. I found two cheap bins for the house which were nice and spacious. Isn’t it funny how storage and bins become so thrilling when we are mums?
10. We went to a car boot sale type thing and my daughter picked up a super expensive toy in its box for less than a fiver.
11. I am enjoying lighter evenings and slightly milder temperatures. It is not perfect but it suggests Spring is at least considering showing up soon.
12. I should also report that my husband is a great grand father for the second time with a new baby girl on the planet. Yes, he is way older than myself!
As ever, this summary of the cheerier stuff has lightened my mood. It is so important to keep counting our blessings.