The theme for the Gallery this week is November.
November’s theme for our family has involved a lot of job-seeking activities. Every day has involved trawling job sites. Most days have involved sending off application forms and CVs. In November, most week days have seen job interviews all over the country. It is proving stressful and very expensive.
My husband is looking for a job. His skills are as follows if anybody hears of anything. Remember he is prepared to locate anywhere in the United Kingdom for work.
* Advice – debt, welfare benefits, housing, employment
* Negotiation – with third parties on clients’ behalf, with funders and partners
* Court representation
* Outreach work – prisons, health clinics, community centres, housing offices
* Grants processing and benevolence work
* Volunteer and staff management
* Training – design and delivery
* Media relations – writing news releases, acting as a spokesperson for an organisation
* Great IT skills
Here is what he would like from potential employers
* Please pay expenses if possible and invest in your recruitment process
* Please do not interview merely out of curiosity – we do have evidence that this has happened more than once
* Please read what he has put on the job application form
* Please make decisions quickly rather than prolonging the waiting agony
* Please allow travelling time to interview if at a distance thus saving need for overnight stays
* Please do not offer an interview and then change your mind and withdraw that offer
* Please offer feedback in a way that will inform future job-seeking
* Please consider alternative ways of interviewing initially – phone, Skype etc
I thought the photograph taken during a family day out to relieve the pressure of the hunt for a job summarised this month.
Trying to figure things out.