My big reason to be cheerful is that I am sorting myself out.
I started taking my happy pills and am amazed how much better I feel. There is less noise in my head. When a negative thought hits, it seems to melt away and be replaced with a positive one. Little household disasters are not stressing me out as they normally would. Marital harmony is in the building too. Fortunately, I seem to have no side-effects apart from a bit of drowsiness. I should have done this years ago but the future starts here.
I have also put myself on a healthy eating regime which is where the porridge comes in along with other favourites such as fish and vegetables. I have lost weight already and really do want to nail this as I know if would work wonders for my flagging self-image.
I aim to lose 12 pounds by the time 2015 comes along. Wish me luck!
Other reasons for smiling …
1. I am finding that I am doing more and better housework as I have more energy. I usually find housework depressing and overwhelming so this is a big positive.
2. I am still learning about what works best for us home education wise. I am meeting an Education Consultant tomorrow so it will be good to have that support in place.
3. I have an appointment with the Practice Nurse on 15th December to discuss the blood test results. I would prefer to have a diagnosis now but it seems I must wait so will just start the healthy lifestyle now and see what happens.
4. My son turned 14 at the weekend. He got his X Box One so the constant nagging has disappeared.
5. I had news this week that there is a new baby and a very special one on the planet. He is so very beautiful, stunningly so.
I am not sure that this post gets over the big change that moves on the health front are making to me but I am feeling them and that is what really matters.
Ob and Bette Midler who I adore is touring the UK next year and I so want to be there. Sustained by Prozac and Porridge.