Putting things off is on my mind today and it appears I have even put off the Best Boot Forward weekly post until late evening.
Putting things off can certainly bring us a lot of pleasure if we want to avoid something. However, in the end the task or situation at hand will catch up with us. Perhaps that means putting things off is a negative thing.
However, although we might commonly associate putting things off with negative things, we should ask ourselves if we are also putting off the good stuff. We can really make some powerful arguments as to why we want to do something but can’t just yet. It is almost as if some of us are scared of being happy and/or following our dreams. We too easily take that huge gamble that we have all the time in the world when the truth is none of us can know that.
So my questions for you to reflect on this week if it helps you at all are ..
- What are you putting off?
- How does putting it off make you feel?
- What would happen if you took action instead of procrastinating?
- How risky is the gamble you are taking by putting something off?
I will be answering these myself and posting later this week.
If you blog about how you are improving your life one baby step at a time, please link up with us. You don’t have to answer the questions or even think about them so long as you have a post about positive life change, you are welcome to the Best Boot Forward linky.
BESTBOOTFORWARD LINKY RULES:
1. Add a backlink to this post using #bestbootforward and fear not, our badge is coming soon!
2. Please comment on this post and the one from Chloe at Indigo Wilderness and at least one other. Obviously the more you comment, the better and it is a super way to get to know other people and to interest them in your blog.
3. Link a maximum of 1 post per week.
4. The linky is open for a week so there is plenty of time to link up.
5. Tag myself @kateonthinice and Chloe at @IndigoChlo on Twitter for a Retweet with #Bestbootforward