Let’s celebrate the good stuff! Why am I full of good cheer?
1. I have lost 39 pounds in just 3 months despite this treat at the weekend.
2. I have relaxed a bit about home-schooling. This has resulted in me seeing how the deschooling thing works as the children come up with their own ideas for learning. I am starting to see that video games can teach a lot about language and strategic thinking. My daughter is very keen on writing scripts, songs and stories. She loves Scratch and nearly always makes a video during the day too I am going to return to other forms of learning after Half-Term but I think we have all enjoyed easing up a bit.
3. My teen son is on Half-Term which gives time for some good chats.
4. We had our best Valentine’s Day ever. I cooked for Him Indoors which is a relatively rare event these days. We had chilli con carne (thank you Hairy Bikers!) and the most glorious chocolate and espresso mousse. I was treated to a very pricey perfume, flowers and a card. I got himself a card and a gold tiger thing which I was relieved he liked as it was a bit of a risk.
5. I have had some lovely long lie-ins.
6. As ever when challenges strike, I have had such a lovely response from online friends.
7. Him Indoors did the Pancake Day thing for the children.
8. We also marked Chinese New Year with a special meal and fun watching the EastEnders Live episode.
7. I still need to get to a home education group. I know. I am pathetic. On the other hand, I have arranged to meet a friend, have a London event next week followed by a trip to the Savoy and then some time up in Yorkshire with family at Easter.