What is causing smiley faces for me and my family?
Well not much as it is one of those days where my sons have squabbled incessantly. However, I have reasons to be cheerful to share with you.
1. I travelled to France with my brother and teenage son. We had a very lovely time with great weather, fine wines, tasty food and conversation. There was laughter, the sharing of memories and the making of some new ones too. I will be posting more about this once I have got my photographs sorted out. If you follow me on Instagram you will already be getting a sneak preview.
2. My brother has booked a holiday. Part of my reason for the trip to France was to encourage him back into holidaying following the death of my Dad as they used to go together. Mission accomplished.
3. Him Indoors not only remembered to feed the other two children but also took them out and about including to Hayling Island. They went in the sea and clearly had lots of fun.
4. I have enjoyed getting back to things here although admit to sulking for a full two days after getting back. I look forward to returning for more of the delights of France and hopefully in the not too distant future.
5. I have had such support from friends online about my daughter’s struggles with her new school. It has given me the strength to move forwards positively. I think going down the home education route may help both her and also have a good effect on me too. I do love throwing myself into something and there will be a lot to learn.
6. We have got to the weekend and I am looking forward to relaxing with the family and a little trip to the charity shop.