What are my reasons to be cheerful this week?
1. Husband – we seem to be getting on very well at the moment. Lots of laughter, fun and spontaneity.
2. House-hunting – although the fact we have to move came as a bit of shock to the system, we are adapting now and enjoying looking at possibilities. Last night, we went on a drive to identify which locations might work best for us. Keep everything crossed that we find the right place and soon.
3. House – my lovely Dad has found a house with my brother that suits them both. It is even in a place beginning with H so I am certainly doing well on the H theme set by Michelle over at Mummy from the Heart this week. I don’t want to split up from Dad but it is the only way to move forwards for now.
4. Hosting – I have a new self-hosted website and I am rather excited about it. The address might fit in with “I” for next week.
5. Happiness about 3 lovely glowing school reports, about it looking like my husband might have a job interview coming up and about having friends who are there for me in times good and bad.
Short but sweet this week.
What are you chirpy about? Asking yourself “What are my reasons to be cheerful?” really can get you through the challenges life throws your way.
What are your helpful and unhelpful ways of thinking?
Now do a hop over to http://mdplife.blogspot.com and see what other folks are smiling about this week.
I am feeling in a bit of a muddle this week. I guess it is the mixture of quite enjoying being my own boss whilst my husband is away combined with impatience to get our new life started. I am so ready for a new adventure!
So what is making me smile this week?
1. My husband came home for the weekend. He arrived at about 2am and I had locked him out by accident! So the reunion was postponed till about 7am. He forgave me immediately which I do think makes him a bit of a saint to be honest. It was lovely to spend time together again and to enjoy his cooking and one of his world famous salads. It was easy to let him go back on Sunday knowing that he had returned and not run off with some amazing woman and that the future is bright.
2. I got glowing reports for my daughter and youngest son at their parents’ evenings. My son is very gifted but also comic and sociable. All good. My daughter has grown in self-belief and was described as a “high-flyer” with literacy to A-Level standard on occasion. Not bad for a 9 year old!
3. I am decluttering and finding that I am able to let things go that I have been clinging on to since Mum and Dad died. They had their lives and good ones. I am not letting them down by saying goodbye to some of their possessions.
4. The sunshine is here so much and I love seeing the children and animals enjoy it. It was great to eat out at the weekend on the patio.
5. My husband is looking at some potential houses for us over the next couple of days – keep everything crossed!