I am feeling cheerful this morning particularly as I have found time to participate in one of my favourite blog hops of all time. Here is a list of happy things.
1. I am on top of things – ooo-er missus!
2. I had a lovely long walk on the most amazing beach at the weekend with my dog and my new wellies! Splashing in the sea, meeting other people, coveting beach huts and taking photos – all very good for the soul.
3. I had a little wander into town today with the husband. Simple pleasure but a nice one all the same. Also got a very important letter off to a very special girl at last.
4. Really enjoying the company of my 10 year old son at the moment. We bond over wordplay and the analysis of everything. We have loved the dramatic Emmerdale this week for example.
5. My daughter is getting all creative with origami and I am quite envious but she won’t let me have a go! I am intending to get more creative and have bought some sketching materials.
6. I am having a really good sort out of stuff because I won’t be needing a lot of it from next year which probably means I never needed it in the first place.
7. Home education is going well. I have met some home educators and their children. Not half as scary as I expected – starting to realise rather late in the day that most people are lovely if you give them a chance. Nice to have people saying hello to me in the street – it’s been a while!
8. When I said I had been on a hot date, someone actually believed I might be dating. Amusing and vaguely reassuring too. You can check out my lonely heart ad this week on my blog too.
9. I have a new to me music centre so can play music when the mood takes me the old-fashioned way. I also invested in a new phone after some good freelance work came my way. Treated the children too – all good.
10. So I am happy and I know it so you should be clapping your hands and all that. Might even revive the groovy mums linky in an attempt to get back to all things blogging.
Are you cheerful this morning?