I am feeling in a bit of a muddle this week. I guess it is the mixture of quite enjoying being my own boss whilst my husband is away combined with impatience to get our new life started. I am so ready for a new adventure!
So what is making me smile this week?
1. My husband came home for the weekend. He arrived at about 2am and I had locked him out by accident! So the reunion was postponed till about 7am. He forgave me immediately which I do think makes him a bit of a saint to be honest. It was lovely to spend time together again and to enjoy his cooking and one of his world famous salads. It was easy to let him go back on Sunday knowing that he had returned and not run off with some amazing woman and that the future is bright.
2. I got glowing reports for my daughter and youngest son at their parents’ evenings. My son is very gifted but also comic and sociable. All good. My daughter has grown in self-belief and was described as a “high-flyer” with literacy to A-Level standard on occasion. Not bad for a 9 year old!
3. I am decluttering and finding that I am able to let things go that I have been clinging on to since Mum and Dad died. They had their lives and good ones. I am not letting them down by saying goodbye to some of their possessions.
4. The sunshine is here so much and I love seeing the children and animals enjoy it. It was great to eat out at the weekend on the patio.
5. My husband is looking at some potential houses for us over the next couple of days – keep everything crossed!