Reasons to smile this week are wonderful.
1. You find me in bed under my butterfly duvet and I am blogging.
2. Him Indoors is on late shift which means I get his company and help in the mornings. It also means I am in charge of the remote and other matters in the evening. By the time he gets in, I am very pleased to see him.
3. I made some quality time with my teenage son last night and also managed to contend with some sibling rivalry with aplomb.
4. We had a really interesting discussion about politics yesterday. It is good to find out what the children think and also what messages they are taking on board from the mainstream media.
5. I have come up with a really inventive idea for Him Indoors’ forthcoming birthday.
6. I have treated myself to some bargains via Ebay. Bits of jewellery and other non-essentials.
7. I feel on top of the housework and less daunted by it these days.
8. I also find I am feeling ready to let go of some of the items I kept following the death of my parents. I guess we move on in our own time.
9. The sunshine cheers the soul.
10. I published revealing picture of me on Facebook and it did not crash.
11. I feel more relaxed generally. There is no doubt I have given myself a very hard time over the years but that makes the good times now all the more joyous.
What are your reasons to smile?