It is that time of the month which means a few days ago I was in the grip of pre-menstrual tension.
Here are the things that annoyed me during this period (no pun intended)
1. Being left without cash or any means of accessing it easily. When I asked my husband to leave me some he asked how much I needed. Not wise when PMT is in the building. I wanted to spend because I wanted to access the joys of retail therapy. What was this “need” word all about? I took it as him resenting giving me anything which I now accept was not the case.
2. The way that if my OH or children leave me in whatever strop they are currently in, they get on with their days of work, play, laughter and learning whilst I brood on their moods.
3. When I am trying to talk, my children interrupt me as if what I am saying is of no interest at all. Meanwhile my husband is falling asleep in his chair. T
4. I appear to be the only person who seems capable of taking things up or down stairs when needed.
5. How the vast majority of housework falls on me even though I do not make the majority of the mess. The ridiculous claim from my husband that he does 30-40% of the housework. Unpicking this, he does not define tidying up as housework and believe me there is a whole lot of that in this house and I do it.
6. The little darlings neglecting to flush the loo or put things in bins.
7. How pets are often more trouble than they are worth.
8. How despite doing housework every day, the house remains always in need of more.
9. My OH saying he would book a day off so I could go off and do something for myself and then putting work first and not doing so.
10. My OH telling me I am in a mood. It is a syndrome which is a very different thing to a mood altogether.Of course, now I feel much better but sometimes, just sometimes, I wonder if we only really see things clearly when in the grip of pre-menstrual tension.
I am finding that my pre-menstrual tension is getting much worse presumably as I hurtle headlong towards the next joy of the menopause. It does not last as long but it is more explosive than before.
Do you experience pre-menstrual tension? How do you manage it? What gets to you at that time of the month?
I welcome comments and there are cute little share buttons below if you think other people might be interested in this post.