What is the perfect bag for mums like me?
The first thing to reveal is that there used to be battles when I was a teenager. My late Mum felt a handbag was an essential piece of kit for all girls and women. She had lots of different ones and I could never see the point of that. Now I sometimes see bags that remind me of hers and there is one of those little pangs of grief. They were very much a part of who she was. They were a bit like the Mary Poppins’ bag in terms of having every possible item you might need in them.
When you become a mum, you are going to need a changing bag at the very least. Can you remember just how much stuff a new baby needs? – nappies, cotton wool, wipes, nappy rash cream, nappy bags, comb, scissors and so on.
On my quest to become groovy, I have started injecting a few of the things into my life that I see other women enjoy.
I am going to grow up and stop using my pockets as my way of carrying things around. When out shopping, it is good to have my hands free and that only really works with a good handbag.
I recently took delivery of a Mia Tui Grace bag. I opened the parcel excitedly and there was the bag in a bright pink carrying case.
What do I love about my new Mia Tui bag?
* It is soft to the touch
* It comes in a variety of colours and mine is aubergine
* I love that the zip has a little star on it – cheerful and fun
* The lining is wonderful – bright pink to brighten your world on the darkest of days
* There is a pocket on the outside of the bag which is so useful for things you need readily to hand like train tickets
* The bag is incredibly roomy and has 4 internal pockets
* There are even special places for pens. I am always losing pens so love this feature
* There is a transparent make-up case
* It includes a good-sized clutch bag
* You can use the bag as a hands-free or as a cross-body satchel
* It is an all seasons bag as it is waterproof inside and out
* It looks chic whether on the school run, out shopping or at a blogging event
There is a wide range of bags available on the Mia Tui website
What do you think makes the perfect bag for mums? How would you design one?
Mia Tui offer Kate on Thin Ice readers a discount.