Today, I finally managed to get registered with the local GP in a move towards greater well being.
I am not too impressed with all the silly little barriers to getting this done. You had to know your NHS number. You had to deliver your forms back yourself. Blah. Blah. Even today, the receptionist just copied my identity proofs and handed them back with no further guidance. I assertively asked for the Patient Information Leaflet I could see behind her. Shouldn’t that be handed out as a matter of course to new patients. This leaflet tells me I will be called for a check up which is good because I have various little health niggles.
1. Fatigue – I am OK but then when I do get tired, it is crushing and catches me unawares.
2. Itchy skin – this comes and goes
3. My toe nail has turned a strange colour.
4. I also sometimes think it would be an idea to get a little counselling. I have found it helpful in the past.
5. Smear test – embarrassingly overdue.
6, Weight – tedious to go on about it again but it does need sorting as I could tell as I trudged up the hill back home.
Today, I walked with the children and handed those forms in. On the way back we had a little picnic.
This is not a momentous well being post but I have at least made a baby step in the right direction.