What are the worst bits of BritMums Live?
There is so much to say about BritMums Live but, for today, I thought I would talk about the worst bits of my weekend.
1. The journey down from Yorkshire was a nightmare with bad visibility and so much rain. Despite getting up at 5am and setting off before 6am, I was badly delayed.
2. My dress on the first day which I had not worn before blowing up at even the slightest breeze. Marilyn Monroe I am not.
3. Walking into the Brewery venue and my glasses steaming up. Susanna from BritMums seeing my Milly Molly Mandy like entrance came womanfully to the rescue.
4. Not being able to find my badge on the table for speakers and wondering if being asked to speak was indeed an April Fool.
5. Sitting on a small croc and wondering if I really had **** myself. It was actually a clue that I had won a pair of Crocs Wellies.
6. Having so much free wine that when I linked up with Him Indoors all thoughts of our planned romantic dinner disappeared and I crashed on the bed.
7. Seeing myself in the bathroom mirror in the hotel on emerging from the shower. Why was the lighting so unforgiving? Why is my tummy such an over-hanging, lumpy, bumpy let down?
8. The moments before my first speaking session at BritMums Live. Think I was not the only person who thought I was going to bottle it completely. Thank you panel members and Michelle from BritMums for somehow getting me through it. Shout-out to Sarah Brown too for possibly the best advice on public-speaking I have ever heard. A big emphasis on being yourself and not trying to be perfect. Being myself I can pull off was my mantra throughout my sessions.
9. Being reminded of why law was never the right career choice for me in one of the workshops.
10. The moment when on getting up from my panel member seat at the Blogging for Happiness session, I realised a boob had escaped from my maxi dress and worse I was not wearing a bra. Hoping nobody noticed as imagine it was not a pretty sight.
So there you have the bad bits of BritMums Live a lot of which were good in some ways. Tomorrow, you get my best bits and no boobies.