Chicken stir fry recipe
Soy Seasoned Chicken Stir Fry.
An aromatic dish, flavoured with Kikkoman Soy Sauce and Chinese five spice powder.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
225g (8oz) basmati or long grain rice
3tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1tsp runny honey
1tbsp Chinese five spice powder or paste
1tsp chopped fresh parsley
450g (1lb) skinless boneless chicken breasts, diagonally sliced strips
1tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely sliced
2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
150g (5oz) baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
150g (5oz) oriental mushrooms such as Enoki
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Rinse the rice and place in a saucepan. Cover with enough water to cover the rice by 2.5cm (1inch). Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer over a very low heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Mix together the soy sauce, honey and Chinese five spice powder and parsley. Pour over the chicken and toss well to coat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large wok and fry the onions and peppers for 5 minutes. Add the sweetcorn and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and marinade and stir fry for 5 minutes. Now add the mushrooms and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
Serve with cooked rice and garnish with coriander leaves
Pork wraps recipe
A classic Chinese dish, made using lean pork with a wonderful Kikkoman soy sauce glaze.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cals per serving: 420
700g loin of pork joint, fat and skin removed.
5 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 tbsp demerara sugar
2 tbsp orange juice
3 tbsptomato puree
1 tsp Chinese Five Spice powder
12 –16 Chinese pancake wrappers
6 tbsp hoi sin sauce
1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
1 small cucumber, finely sliced
- Pre heat the oven to 190 C, 375 F, gas 5. Make 6 x 2.5cm deep cuts into the pork joint.
- Line a roasting tin with a double layer of tin foil and place the pork in the centre.
- In a bowl, mix together the Kikkoman Soy Sauce, sugar, orange juice,tomato puree and Chinese five spice powder. Spoon over the pork, then scrunch up the foil around the sides of the pork to form an open parcel and roast for 1 hour, basting occasionally, until cooked through.
- Remove the pork from the oven and allow it to stand for 5 minutes. Finely slice the meat, shredding it if possible and toss back into the roasting tin with the cooking juices. Baste with the flavoured juices and grill for 5 minutes, to crisp up the meat.
- To serve: warm the wrappers and spread with a little hoi sin sauce, a scattering of spring onions and cucumber. Top with the crispy pork and roll up.