Corned beef hash recipe
1 x 340g can Princes corned beef, diced
120g unsalted butter
1 large onion, chopped
900g potatoes, boiled and diced
Oil for frying
1 egg per person (optional)
How to make it
1. Melt 40g of unsalted butter in frying pan and fry one large onion, chopped.
2. Cut 340g of Princes corned beef into 1cm cubes and add to pan.
3. Empty mixture into a bowl. Add 900g of cooked, diced potato, another 40g unsalted butter and black pepper.
4. Fry in a little oil and 40g of unsalted butter.
5. For a traditional twist, poach one fresh egg per person for 2 minutes and place on corned beef hash. Serve immediately with green beans.
Roscon de Reyes – Three Kings Cake recipe
(Makes a 15” cake)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 litre milk
zest of 1 lemon
dried mixed peel for decorating
glace cherries for decorating
250ml whipping cream for filling
Model king / small toy / butterbean for decoration (optional)
1. Mix the baking powder 4 tbsp of the milk add this to 100g of the flour. Mix together until it forms a dough type mixture – cover with a clean tea towel and set aside until it doubles in size.
2. Place the rest of the flour (300g) in a bowl and add the eggs, sugar, pinch of salt, the rest of the milk and zest of the lemon. Mix well then add the butter and continue mixing for a further 2 mins then add the dough mixture – once a smooth dough has been achieved cover and set aside for 2 hours.
3. After 2hrs knead the mixture then put it in a ring shape on a greased baking tray. Decorate with the dried mixed peel and glace cherries. Brush with milk and bake in an oven at 160 degrees for 15-20 mins.
4. When cool, whip the cream and slice the bun in half. Fill it with whipped cream (you can hide the toy, model king or butter bean in the cream). Slice and serve.