Recipe for Fiendish Fizzies cupcakes
Makes 36 cupcakes
1 Free range egg
2 oz Self raising flour
2 oz Unsalted butter
2 oz Caster sugar
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1tsp Vanilla extract
2tsp Coca powder
6oz Icing sugar
3oz Unsalted butter
1tsp Vanilla flavour
1tsp Green food colouring
1 pack of Fiendish Fizzies
1. Preheat the oven to 170C.
2. Cream 2oz of unsalted butter in your food blender. Once smooth add the sponge mix of caster sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla extract and one large egg. Mix into a smooth batter.
3. Place 36 mini muffin cases into a mini muffin tin and spoon in the batter. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
4. Smooth 3oz of unsalted butter. Then add the icing sugar with a small amount of water, mix slowly for two minutes and add the vanilla flavour and green colour. Then mix until smooth.
5. Spread or pipe the icing over the top of the cooled cupcakes. Then decorate with your Fiendish Fizzies. Your cupcakes will need 15 minutes for the icing to set.
I love spider cupcakes for Halloween. Gruesome food ideas always entertain the children.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
175g (6 oz) Stork tub
175g (6 oz) golden caster sugar
300g (11 oz) self raising flour, sieved
3 medium eggs
5 tablespoons milk
½ teaspoon baking powder
100g cooked pumpkin or butternut squash, mashed
50g chocolate and hazelnut spread
Zest of 1 orange
115g icing sugar
A little orange juice
55g (2 oz) plain chocolate, melted or use chocolate and hazelnut spread
Liquorice sweets and laces to decorate
1. Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tray.
2. Place the first six ingredients into a bowl, and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
3. Stir in pumpkin mash and orange zest and divide half the mixture evenly between the paper cases, add a half teaspoon chocolate spread and then top with remaining mix.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes oven 200°C, 180°C (fan assisted), Gas mark 6 for 20-25 minutes.
6. Add a little orange juice to the icing sugar until thick and spread over the muffins. Pipe the melted chocolate in 4 circles over the top and then drag a skewer through to give the cobweb effect. Place the sweets and laces on top to look like a spider
I hope you try these spider cupcakes.