It can be challenging enough to work out what flooring to choose for your home. It can be even more tricky when it comes to commercial or industrial premises. You may have invested your own hard-earned money or borrowed to set up your business. You need to ensure everything you spend is a sensible item of expenditure. With this in mind, what are the best industrial flooring options?
Best industrial flooring options
You will look for the best value for money perhaps for resin flooring in Bristol. However, you also need to ensure your commercial flooring choice is fit for purpose and of a good quality. With so many options available to you when it comes to flooring, the trick is to work out the right floor that will be the perfect fit for your operation. Epoxy flooring and polished concrete and both popular with business owners but what are the benefits of each one? You will need to weigh that up before investing in your industrial flooring.
This is a thermosetting resin which can be applied to a concrete substrate. It is both protective and decorative. It has so many benefits and is well worth your consideration when making your flooring choices.
- It looks good as it can be applied in the stains and colours of your choice. You can even have a metallic finish or coloured microchips if style matters to you.
- It is easy to clean. You don’t need any particularly special cleaning equipment to maintain your flooring. Mopping or a walk behind scrubber will get rid of dirt, liquid spiles and any chemicals that find there way onto your flooring.
- Many industrial manufacturers swear by this flooring as it can take heavy foot traffic and even forklift truck traffic. It has great durability and is resistant to chemicals and abrasions.
- The flooring is value for money when you consider its durability, low maintenance costs and how long it lasts without needing replacement.
With all these powerful benefits, it is not surprising to see this flooring used in so many commercial environments from retail outlets to educational settings to healthcare and manufacturing units.
Polished concrete flooring
This uses a concrete slab-on grade for the flooring surface. Hardness is increased as the flooring is treated with a chemical densifier, It is then polished with a series of diamond grit grinders and finally treated with a sealant. It is often seen as a more environmentally friendly option. There are many benefits to this flooring option.
- It is aesthetically pleasing with a huge range of colour and design options. You can create something unique to your organisation and use a variety of gloss levels.
- All you need to do to maintain the floor is to do a bit of damp mopping. It makes this a great option for someone who does not want to invest in heavy cleaning costs either equipment wise or labour costs.
- Polished concrete is great for areas of heavy foot traffic and even forklift traffic. It is resistant from oil or chemical staining.
- It’s good value for money due to easy maintenance and longevity.
- It’s a great option for shops, hotels, restaurants and many other businesses.
What choice would you make when it comes to industrial flooring?