Do you know how to make a gift bag? I didn’t until recently but it is great to do so as it gives a personal touch and ends up saving you money too. Here is a way to add that special gesture with Stampin Up.
Stamps – Cool Kid Stamp set
Tools – Raspberry Ripple, Basic Black, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green Stampin’ Write Markers
Inks and Cardstock – Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper, Whisper White cardstock
Punches – Decorative Label Punch
Adhesives –Sticky Strip
Accessories – Mini Metallic Clothespins, Island Indigo Bakers Twine
Step by Step
1. Take a piece of 12x6in designer paper and score along the long edge at 3.5in, 4.5in, 5.5in, 9in, 10in and 11in. Turn 90 degrees and score at 1.25in.
2. Make a paper cut at the 3.5, 5.5, 9 and 11in score lines, just as far as the horizontal score line. Fold each score as shown in the picture.
3. Add Sticky Strip to both long edges of the 1in end panel, across the 2 pairs of 1in panels and then on the reverse of the middle 3.5in section, as shown in the picture.
4. Fold the bag into shape and tape the two long sides together. Then fold in the two small panels on the bottom in and the large panel with no tape down onto them. Finish with the taped large panel to seal the bag. Pinch the top closed, ready for your stamped tag.
5. Score an 11.5 x 6.5in piece of Whisper White card across the middle and fold in half. Take the Cool Kid stamp and colour in the stamp carefully using your chosen colours, then stamp onto the cardstock, near the fold. (Tip: If your ink dries before you are ready to stamp simply huff on the stamp to reactivate the ink.) Punch the Decorative Label out, taking care not to punch through the fold.
6. Tie a bow in a piece of Bakers Twine and use a Mini Metallic Clothespin to attach it to you bag, along with your tag.
Do you have any top tips on how to make a gift bag?