It can be challenging to make the most of a small bedroom, if you add too many decor items everything looks cluttered. On the other hand, a lack of decoration can leave a small room looking dull. Luckily, there are lots of ways that you can make a smaller bedroom feel bigger. To start making improvements today, try a few of these ideas.
1 . Space Saving Furniture
To make the most of a small bedroom it’s important to choose space-saving furniture items. Whether it’s your free standing wardrobes or your bedside cabinet, choose items that are small, functional, and with maximum storage space. Here are a few simple ideas:
- Under Bed Storage: Choose a bed with drawers underneath, to save floor space and conceal personal items from view.
- Transparent Furniture: Try transparent furniture, such as desks and chairs, and these can create the illusion of more space.
- Floating cabinets: These cabinets are another great option to help you create the appearance of space in a room.
- Mirrors To Maximize Space
Adding mirrors is another great way to make a small bedroom seem bigger. You could use traditional mirrors, mirrored furniture items, or a mix of both. You should measure out how much space you have, before choosing your mirrors and furniture. It’s advisable to choose a large feature mirror, as opposed to a few smaller ones.
- A Low-Scale Bed
Choosing a low-scale bed can create the appearance of more space, helping to improve a small room. As well as maximizing space, these beds are very on-trend. For other ways to improve your bed try a memory foam mattress and extra cushions for comfort.
When shopping for materials, look out for organic cotton, this is more eco-friendly and soft when compared to traditional cotton. From your decor to your furniture and your paint, it’s best to go earth-kind as much as possible.
- Throw Out The Clutter
When you’ve got a small bedroom, every bit of clutter stands out and looks messy. To improve the look of your room, it’s best to have a good clear out. Try to only hold onto items you actually need and use frequently. If an item has no use or sentimental value, then it’s time to find it a new home! You can dispose of your items by selling or donating them, to keep things eco-friendly.
- Choose Minimal Decor
Last up, to maximize space in a bedroom, it’s best to use minimal decor. You can do this in the following ways:
- Neutral colors: Try to use neutral colors that enhance light and space, while providing a calming effect.
- Functional objects: Ensure that you only choose a small number of functional objects, avoid an excess of furniture or ornaments.
- Avoid patterns: Too many patterns can make a room look cluttered and small. With a simple decor scheme, you’ll keep things looking open and bright. Minimalist decor will continue to be a leading interior design trend in 2021.