Cheese puffs recipe
Preparation: 40 minutes Yield: 40 puffs
235ml of water
60g of butter, cut into cubes
½ teaspoon coarse salt plus extra for sprinkling
130g of plain flour
4 large eggs
300g of grated Cathedral City Vintage 20
50g of chopped spring onions
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
– In a heavy medium saucepan, bring the water, butter, and ½ teaspoon salt to the boil
– Remove from heat and slowly mix in the flour
– Stir over medium heat until mixture becomes slightly shiny and pulls away from sides
of pan, about 3 minutes
– Transfer to a food processor adding the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each
addition to form a sticky dough
– Finally, mix in the Cathedral City Vintage and spring onions
– Using 2 teaspoons, form the dough into small teaspoon size ovals and drop onto
baking sheet 1 inch apart
– Bake cheese puffs until golden, about 30 minutes and serve fresh from the oven
Do you have an interesting cheese recipe to share?