Meringues always look so impressive but can be challenging to get right. Never fear! Your wish to produce the perfect meringue will come true with this easy meringue recipe.
You will need:
2 large baking trays
Baking mat or baking paper
Piping bag if possible
4 Eggs – separated
150g Billington’s Golden Caster Sugar
¼ tsp Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract for meringue
150ml Double or Whipping cream
¼ tsp Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
Raspberries, passion fruit or fruit of choice
25g Icing sugar
• Cover the baking trays with baking parchment, preheat the oven to 100C (200F Gas 1)
• Take a clean, dry bowl and add the 4 egg whites and a ¼ tsp of vanilla extract. Whisk continuously and slowly add the caster sugar until it forms stiff peaks
• If you have a piping bag, spoon the mixture into it and pipe 6 4” circles of approx ¼” thick. If not just spoon the mixture thinly onto the parchment
• Place in the oven and leave for 2 hours. Turn off the oven but leave the meringues in to dry out further without browning
• While the meringues are cooling whip the cream until stiff, stir in a ¼ tsp of vanilla extract and prepare the fruit
• Once cooled spoon on cream and some fruit and place another circle of meringue on top, repeat
• Dust with a little icing sugar and decorate with more fruit
Tip: this recipe makes individual meringues but you can make a large Pavlova by piping 3 large circles of meringue and then layering in the same way
Will you try this easy meringue recipe?
Originally posted 2011-10-18 14:30:55.