Cinnamon Chicken with Cous cous
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
4 Red Tractor chicken breast fillets
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp Red Tractor plain flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
200ml hot vegetable stock
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
150g sugar snap peas
2 tbsp finely chopped Red Tractor flat-leaf parsley
1. Pour 400ml boiling water over the couscous. Stir in the sultanas and seasoning to taste, cover and stand for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the flour with the cinnamon and dust the chicken breasts with the cinnamon mix and the freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan and dry fry the chicken for about 5 – 6 minutes each side, until thoroughly cooked (the juices should run clear and there should be no pink meat). Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
4. Return the pan to the heat, add the stock, vinegar, the juice from 1 orange and 2 tsp finely grated orange zest. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 5-6 minutes, or until it has reduced by about half.
5. Peel the remaining orange and cut into segments. Boil the sugar snap peas in water for 2 minutes, then drain.
6. Add the chicken, sugar snaps and orange segments to the sauce.
7. Stir the couscous with a fork and add the parsley. Serve the chicken on a bed of couscous.
Do you have an interesting chicken recipe to share?
Originally posted 2012-08-16 10:49:23.