Bacon Wrapped Sausages with Cheesy Potato Cakes
Cheesy potato cakes
450g Red Tractor potatoes, peeled and chopped
8 Red Tractor pork sausages
4 Red Tractor rashers streaky bacon, halved
4 Red Tractor tomatoes, halved
3 Red Tractor courgettes, thinly sliced lengthways
Knob of Red Tractor butter
25g Red Tractor Cheddar cheese, grated
2tbsp chopped Red Tractor parsley
3tbsp seasoned flour
2tbsp olive oil
1. Pre-heat the grill. Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, using the rounded blade of a knife, stretch the bacon halves to nearly double their length. Wrap the sausages in a rasher of bacon and grill for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Add the tomatoes to the grill pan and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan, sear the courgette slices for 3 minutes on each side, transfer to a dish and keep hot with the sausages and tomatoes.
5. Drain the potatoes and mash with the butter, cheese and parsley. Allow to cool and shape into 12 patties, coat in the seasoned flour.
6. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and sizzle the patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
Serve the potato cakes with the sausages, courgettes and tomatoes.
How much do you know about the culinary traditions of the UK?
Will you be trying these cheesy potato cakes with bacon-wrapped sausages soon?
Originally posted 2012-08-15 15:48:50.