How to decrease allergens at home may not be the first thing on your mind but it is important.
Nothing dampens summer like allergies. Bissell have a few tips on decreasing the presence of allergens in your home environment:
1. Keep Humidity at a happy medium. Invest in a humidifier and set the levels to 50% as dust and pollen are more easily provoked in dry air. You may like to hear about the benefits of a dehumidifier for your home too.
2. Replace filters in your heating and cooling systems. This is an essential part of keeping the air in your home clean.
3. Sacrifice soft surfaces. Of course they are cozy, but if you are too busy sneezing and spluttering to enjoy them then there is no point. Opt for easy to clean furnishings such as leather.
4. Turn up the heat and wash all fabric items you can (rugs, curtains, bedding etc.) once a week in hot water.
5. Invest in a Bissell Bag-Less Vacuum cleaner, or one that features an easily interchangeable bag, so that the dust stays on the inside while making the switch.
Bissell have a range of carpet cleaners that can help remove dust and allergens. Bissell has stood the test of time and was one of my late mum’s go to brands for home cleaning. I have recently tried out a Bissell Spot cleaner. So many cleaners promise the world but deliver disappointing result. Not so this compact little beauty. After a particularly yucky cat incident, this machine got to work and almost immediately I could see that it was going to work and well restoring my carpet to its green colour and totally blitzing the brown! I know too much information!
BISSELL includes the power of Oxy to deep clean and permanently remove tough stains and left my carpet smelling so fresh. There was a Deep Reach Tool which can remove embedded dirt and stains from the bottom up. Heatwave Technology® helps maintain constant water temperature throughout the cleaning process
One of the things I really love is its sleek and good-looking design. It is lightweight and easy to move around the home including up and down stairs as necessary.
Secondly, it was easy to understand the instructions for use and within minutes of opening the box it comes in, you are cleaning away with this nifty gadget. There are separate tanks for clean and dirty water which are very simple to fill and empty.
Trial size Oxy Gen Boost® and 2X Spot & Stain Formula are included.
Do you have ideas on how to decrease allergens in your home?