Cinnamon Chicken with Cous cous
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
4 Red Tractor chicken breast fillets
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp Red Tractor plain flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
200ml hot vegetable stock
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
150g sugar snap peas
2 tbsp finely chopped Red Tractor flat-leaf parsley
1. Pour 400ml boiling water over the couscous. Stir in the sultanas and seasoning to taste, cover and stand for 10 minutes.
3. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan and dry fry the chicken for about 5 – 6 minutes each side, until thoroughly cooked (the juices should run clear and there should be no pink meat). Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
4. Return the pan to the heat, add the stock, vinegar, the juice from 1 orange and 2 tsp finely grated orange zest. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 5-6 minutes, or until it has reduced by about half.
5. Peel the remaining orange and cut into segments. Boil the sugar snap peas in water for 2 minutes, then drain.
6. Add the chicken, sugar snaps and orange segments to the sauce.
7. Stir the couscous with a fork and add the parsley. Serve the chicken on a bed of couscous.
Do you have an interesting chicken recipe to share?