Have you ever experienced ejaculation sooner or faster during sexual intercourse? Professionals call it premature ejaculation, which is a common sexual problem. But, there’s nothing to worry about! Around 40% of men experience this problem at some point in their lifetime.
If you ejaculate soon or lose an erection before orgasm, it is a clear indicator that you suffer from premature ejaculation. The other signs that confirm this diagnosis include:
- Experiencing ejaculation within one minute of penetration.
- Unable to delay the ejaculation during the intercourse.
- Feeling frustrated and upset and eventually avoiding sexual intimacy at all.
These are some of the signs that indicate that you need to see a doctor immediately. Undoubtedly, you might wonder what led you to PE. Well! There are several factors, including psychological and biological, that cause premature ejaculation.
This article will discuss the causes and treatment options available to help you get back to your usual self.
The causes of premature ejaculation
The precise reason for PE is yet to be discovered. But, some biological and psychological complications account for faster ejaculation.
Psychological factors that contribute to it are:
- Low self-esteem
- Doubt about body image
- Early sexual experiences
- Sexual maltreatment
- Too much thought about PE
Biological Factors causing PR are:
- Unbalanced hormone levels such as testosterone
- Improper functioning of neurotransmitters (brain chemicals responsible for transmitting signals from nerve cells to target cells)
- Infection in the urethra.
- Inherited traits
Other factors that can play a role in PR are:
- Erectile dysfunction: Stressing and worrying a lot about maintaining an erection might lead to hurry during sexual intercourse. This usually happens with conscious men, thereby making it difficult to change their ejaculation pattern.
- Anxiety or stress: Any complications in your relationship or emotional strain result in premature ejaculation. It harms sexual performance, restricting the ability to focus during sexual intercourse.
- Relationship problems: This is also one of the reasons that causes PE. If you have had good sexual encounters earlier, there are chances that your current relationship is contributing to premature ejaculation.
Treatments for premature ejaculation
If you are experiencing this issue, some behavioral techniques and treatments can help eliminate this problem. For example, the doctor might advise you to masturbate before your intercourse.
This will help while during sexual activity and enable you to relieve the pressure of losing an erection. Besides this, if you want to treat this problem, using any of the techniques mentioned below might benefit the long run.
Pelvic Floor Exercise: You can do pelvic floor exercises while sitting, standing, or lying down. You need to understand where your muscles are and tighten and relax them at the count of three. These exercises are also known as kegel maneuvers, and you can do them several times a day.
Remember that you use only your pelvic floor muscles. Please do not confuse them with the abdominal or buttock muscles. Doing this for months will bring out a difference in PE.
Endurance Wipes: The endurance wipes, also known as premature ejaculation wipes, have a numbing agent. This makes the surface of the skin insensitive, thereby helping to delay the ejaculation. These wipes use benzocaine which is also a local anesthetic substance, making the applied area numb. As mentioned here, https://www.promescent.com/blogs/learn/endurance-wipes, with the application of benzocaine in a single wipe, you will experience about 30 minutes of complete desensitization.
This desensitization is common and can vary from men to men. Some feel very little desensitization that lasts up to 90 minutes. The best part about them is that they are disposable, practical, easy, and relatively simple to apply.
ED medications: If you have erectile dysfunction, ED medications can help you get rid of it. They are available in the United States, including tadalafil and sildenafil. They improve the blood supply to the penis and help in maintaining the erection.
But, before you take a dose, do not forget to consult a healthcare professional. Having the right amount of medication is essential to have better sexual performance.
Premature ejaculation is treatable. Talking about it is the first step that will ensure the road to recovery. Talk to your partner and understand the problems you are facing as a couple. At the same time, follow the techniques mentioned above. Not only will they help you to control the symptoms but also get rid of PE completely.
If you still see that you are not seeing much difference in your sex drive, visit your doctor. Explore all the treatment options and enjoy the time with your significant other like you hoped for.