Here is a very special Panettone Al Forno recipe particularly good for Christmas.
Panettone al forno Ingredients (panettone)
- 120gr panettone
- 350ml skimmed milk
- 80gr caster sugar
- Plain flour for dusting
- 20gr butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Vanilla sauce to serve
Panettone Al Forno Ingredients (vanilla sauce)
- 500 ml milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod halved lengthways
- Preheat oven at 170c
- Tear the panettone into pieces and place in a bowl
- Bring the milk to the boil, remove from heat and stir sugar in until dissolved
- Pour the mix over the panettone
- Grease individual mould with butter and dust with flour
- Put the soaked panettone through a sieve to drain, place in a bowl and add the egg and egg yolk, mix well
- Spoon the mix into the mould, dot the surface with butter and bake for 20min. then increase oven to 190c for 10min cool it down and serve with vanilla sauce.
Method (vanilla sauce)
- Bring milk to boil then remove from heat.
- In a heatproof bowl put the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla pod; beat vigorously until fluffy, gradually add to the hot milk
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and cook; stir constantly until thickened
- Strain and leave to cool before serving.
Top tip: Serve with ice cream instead of vanilla sauce to save on time!
This panettone al forno recipe was kindly provided by Zizzis restaurant and more recipes can be found on their website.
Originally posted 2013-12-17 15:21:55.