Regular readers will know that the first thing I do having seen Him Indoors and the children off to their various Monday lives is to get weighed. I am very good and only get weighed once a week and at the same time.
I am delighted to report that this week I have lost 5 pounds. I am over the moon. In fact I am so excited that right now I cannot be bothered to work out exactly how much I have lost and in how many weeks. I will probably keep that till tomorrow when I do my #groovingmums post.
Here is my learning which I hope will help others tackling excessive weight issues.
1. Fill your eating plan with healthy foods that you really love. For me, this includes smoked salmon and eggs. You will have your own favourite so by incorporating them, you will still feel like you are having treats.
2. It is OK to have fish and chips and takeaways. It is what you eat most of the time that makes a difference. This week I have had fish and chips, a Chinese takeaway and a roast chicken dinner and lost 5 pounds.
3. Visualizing myself at future events I have coming up in smaller sized clothes has really helped me make positive progress. I go window-shopping now and gaze at clothing in smaller sizes and really do believe I will be in them one day.
4. You don’t have to measure yourself but it is another way of marking progress and can sometimes be more heartening than the weighing scales especially if your weight is affected by the time of the month. I have lost 7 inches off my bottom in less than 3 months!
5. Reporting to your diary, your blog or people on the same journey as yourself helps to keep you accountable and on track when you are tempted to sabotage all your lovely efforts.
6. Exercise helps shifts the pounds but don’t become a slave to it. It is important to enjoy your life and not feel bad on the days where you don’t do as much exercise as you had hoped.
Health Warning – There now follows a pleasing but potentially embarrassing photograph. This is me in trousers that not too long ago were tight but that fell down for pretty obvious reasons from this photograph.